From every direction thrilled crowds made their way into the grand scale construction of the O2 Arena. Even when tickets sold out just weeks prior to the concert, the anticipation was too much to handle for the people waiting outside or in the collosal venue, many of them wearing sailor hats or striped shirts, emulating the band's stage attire. Melissa was not among them. She had more important issues on hand to be worrying over mundane necessities like her wardrobe for the night. Wandering through the crammed aisle as she gazed at the ecstatic environment, her mind was a whirlwind of despairing uncertainty. Would he agree to receive her? Would he listen to her explanation? And even so, would he forgive her? She was meant to not go at first. The embarassment over her deceit had been greatly disastrous. Up until the accidental revelation she had made sure to avoid anything related to him, not wanting to cause more conflict. Nonetheless, his resentment upon discovering her betrayal provoked such distress, she knew it was up to her to make amends. That was when she decided to discard her former refusal over going, and the reason she found herself in the immensity of the packed arena.
A heavy wall of sound emerged from the stage as the band entered playing their way throughout the setlist. The energy emanating from the audience appeared to stimulate them, every song acquiring new life with any sign of admiration and delight. People sang and cheered wildly, applauding after vast demonstrations of masterfulness. Even in her fretful state, Melissa joined in the jubilant vibe surrounding her, the respect towards the musicians unwavering. She observed her suitors on stage and couldn't help be drawn by them both. Was it ever possible to have similar feelings for two persons simultaneously? Opprobious as it was to the rules of society, she knew it in her heart to be true. Seeing them admiringly demonstrate their talents to the world proved so. Just how to explain them such a preposterous fact? She had no right to wound them further. As Damon threw water to the first rows from a small plastic bottle, the possibilities struck her at once. In all fairness they deserved to know the truth, which would undoubtedly worsen their pain. However, keeping silent was no better since they would blindly continue their courting ways and if she did not stop them, something dreadful might occur. Resignated, she instantly realized what to do. She would not destroy an enduring friendship encouraging some idle pursuit. It was best to renounce to any puerile aspiration that could cause irreversible damage.
A flash of black leather distracted her from her conclusions. Shaking her head to abandon her interior and snap back to reality, she noticed the dark, sudden movement came from up the stage. As if timed by fate, she saw Paul quite dangerously sliding accross the floor and landing loudly under his back. Tremendous fear took over Melissa as she contemplated him with increasing concern facing upwards from the ground, struggling to stand up. "Oh my God, is he okay?" she whispered in frenzy. But Paul was a strong, vigorous man despite his years. Maintaining his weight under his knees, he pulled himself up while still playing the bass without difficulty. Subsequently, he casually turned his head sideways and immediately caught sight of it: the menacing gaze on Damon's eyes spitefully looking at the whole scene. "No, no way, it couldn't have been on purpose, couldn't it?" Melissa denied over and over as she witnessed the grave stares among the oponents. This was worse than what she believed since now a threat had been made from one to the other. "What I feel doesn't matter, this has to stop."
There was much pain alright. Nothing he could not deal with though. A few days of no forceful activity and he would be better. Was it any grievous though, to be forewarned by someone so close to him? He was his friend after all. But he had to face the fact it was he who deceived him, and took away that whom he sought after so keenly. So he pondered while making his way backstage after the gig. Did he deserve his anger? Most definitely. Was he having regrets over what he did? Probably on the way he handled it, for he would never repent having encountered such a jolly, sweet little girl, so different from him yet felt really attached to in spite of their contrasts.
Was there any chance of them being connected in any sense? Were they that intimate it was possible for them to read each other's minds? Such were the doubts running through Paul's head as he avoided stumbling with the people blocking his step whilst approaching Melissa. She was actually there, impatiently rising on tiptoe as expecting someone to come her way. He greeted her fondly, as usual. "Hey, it's so good to see you." "Um..." "Wait, we shouldn't speak here, it's too crowded. Let's find somewhere private." Grabbing her hand, he guided Melissa through the narrow hallway, avoiding suspicious glances from the roadies and passersby leaning against the neatly painted walls. "Who said I wanna talk to you?" Her cold tone hurt him but he did not cease his stride, his grip on her hand steady as he turned a knob and pushed open, the incipient lights revealing an empty dressing room. Melissa could not contain herself any longer and protested even before Paul closed the door.
"Why did you bring me here? What makes you think I wanna talk to you?" "Well, you came to the gig..." "The world doesn't revolve around you Paul, in case you're not aware of it." "But..." "And before you start fooling yourself over the idea of my being here because of you, let me burst your bubble and inform you I'm here to speak to Damon, no one else. Not to you or anyone from the band or the crew, just to Damon. Got it?" It was there again, the frown he seemed to expose everytime Damon's name was mentioned. Did he resent him that much solely for being his rival for her affections? After being the best of friends for years? These were the questions Melissa asked herself and as always, they came with no answer whatsoever. To lighten up the dense vibe in the room she doubtfully asked: "So...are you okay? From your fall I mean." Paul stared at her in disbelief, suspicious of her quick change of mood. "Um...well, yes, I'm alright. It's just my elbow that hurts." A sigh escaped Melissa's lips as she held him from his arms and made him sit over the nearby couch. "Okay, let's see." She examined the damaged elbow, touching the bone with her delicate fingertips to discard any crack or injury. Then she proceeded to massage the throbbing area using both fingers and palms. The continuous rubbing allowed some of the pain to vanish. This meant nothing to Paul though, observing in silent wonder her careful attentions to alleviate the pain on his extremity. Melissa, too focused on her role as momentary nurse, ignored the earnest expression on the mature, masculine face which revealed once more all the yearning he had for the young woman sitting in front of him.
"It was on purpose, right?" Her request for an affirmation impeded his intentions to go further. "What...?" "Damon. He did it on purpose, I know he did." "Why do you believe so?" "Because he's pissed off at you and wants you to pay for what you did." "Does it worry you what might happen to me?" Her struggle for a proper answer made his stomach quiver with exultation. A ray of hope: maybe she still felt something for him. He warmly grinned and placed a flat palm on her full cheek, caressing its baby softness. As much as she avoided the gesture, Melissa could not constrain her pulsating excitement over his slow, tender touch. "Listen, I don't care what Damon does to me but you don't need to worry, I'll be fine. And nothing wrong will happen to you dearest, because I will protect you from him and anyone else who might hurt you..." "Paul, I don't want you to hurt Damon, he doesn't deserve it..." "But neither do you Melissa. What matters is that you're safe because you're innocent in all of this. Everything will be fine, okay?" The girl was silent, stunned at Paul's promise of absolute safety from his part were she in need of it. She saw him lean forward to kiss her when the door opened abruptly.
"You fucking backstabbers." Melissa backed away from Paul swiftly, her face the mask of terror at the sight of Damon's own full of increasing fury. She had never seen him this way before, not even after knowing of her cheating. She could only imagine the punishment awaiting her in just seconds. "Damon, please let me explain. I'm here to see you..." "Bullshit! You're speaking bullshit once again! As you did from the first time!" He slammed the door shut. No one else could listen this repugnant confrontation. "I'm serious! I came over to talk to you and ask for forgiveness." Damon's eyes stared incredulously at Melissa. Remorse, anger, much of it fueled his words."Forgiveness? Come on, even you don't believe it. But I did for a second. When I was told you were somewhere around I hoped you came to talk about us. I really thought you were here to tell me you were sorry and that you love me but what do I see? Both of you fucking arseholes mocking me behind my back. Now, who's the liar?" "Look, I understand that you're pissed off at me, fair enough. But I'm telling you the truth, I swear to God, I came to see you." "Then why are you with Paul, you lying bitch!" "Hey, I won't let you insult Melissa in any way!" "Oh what, you're now her defender?" "If it's necessary, yes." "So now you're gonna say you didn't lie to me? Come on Paul, you both fucked while all the time I thought she was with me!" "Please don't blame her of this, it was I who made her fall in love with me..." "She decided on her own! You mistake her for a saint, she's a lying whore like all the others!" "I told you not to insult her, I won't allow it!" "Hey guys, please don't fight, okay? I want no one to get hurt." Melissa's frightened, little voice made no effect whatsoever at the threats thrown back and forth. She could not conceive this was happening. Becoming the object of desire of two men was something she would have never guessed could occur to her. Despite numerous accounts from acquaintances claiming it to be the greatest sensation of power over others, she found herself wishing she was not entangled in this predicament. Especially on the awareness of a bond in risk of breaking apart. "Listen, both of you! I'm the one to blame in all of this..." "No honey, you're not guilty, please don't cry", Paul soothed Melissa with comforting words yet she continued speaking up. "Yes I am! Because of me, you guys aren't even friendly anymore. I mean, just look at yourselves. Fighting, yelling for stupid, useless me. You used to be really tight. I appeared on the picture and look at the result. Now Damon hates me and with good reason. I totally rejected his good intentions over some foolish, vain illusion. Damon, listen to me 'cause I won't repeat it: I'm sorry, okay? I'm very sorry for everything, for not appreciating your regard towards me, for abandoning you in order to follow an impulse. You never deserved any of this shit. I hope you can forgive me someday." Grabbing her blazer from the sofa, she went to the door as Paul inquired: "You're leaving? There's no need for you to go. I'll say it again: you're not guilty." "I'm leaving 'cause I am what caused this whole thing. Besides you have a lot to talk about." With that final statement, she opened the door and closed it behind her.
A coarse silence flooded the dressing room, its occupiers contributing with their lack of things to say. Melissa's boldness and abrupt departure had left both men at a loss. "She didn't mean it." Paul found himself faintly murmur out loud despite Damon's presence. "She didn't mean what?" he asked cooly. "It wasn't vain or foolish. What we had was real." "Oh, so you finally confess!" "I never denied it and neither I will." Damon once again felt ill-tempered at Paul's unapologetic demeanor but he then realized there was a lack of regret, no shame over his immoral conduct. He had seen that unpreoccupied attitude before but paid no attention to it. This time however, being its victim he would not let it pass unnoticed. "How could you do this to me? You just don't do that to a mate! And now that I think about it, you're in a relationship already, you shouldn't be cheating on your girlfriend with someone else! Why do you want all the women for yourself? Or is it because this is a girl I'm interested in?" "I didn't mean to tear her away from you..." "I can't believe your cynicism, of course you meant to!" "It wasn't that way! Damon, I couldn't help it, you know. From the first moment I saw her I couldn't stop thinking about her and you bringing her constantly made it worse." "I felt attracted to her almost from that first time as well and made attempts to get close to her and even when you witnessed all of this you didn't give a fuck and just pulled her away from me! What kind of a mate does that?" "I'm sorry! It was never an intention to hurt you!" "Oh God, I wonder if you said that the last time." "Excuse me?" "Come on, I've seen it before. Meeting the woman, her being with another man, you seducing her, taking her away and leaving man brokenhearted to his own luck. It's not like it's the first time you do it. Or isn't that how you started dating Sabrina back then?" No one had dared remind Paul of his perverse past, that one he fought so determinedly against to never bring up in public. Damon confronting him for it offended him to the point of clenching his fist in preparation for a violent ambush. "No", he decided, "that would be too easy." Instead, he looked at Damon straight into his eyes and with quiet fierceness declared: "Listen very carefully for I won't repeat it. Asking you to stay away from Melissa obviously is of no use so all I'll say is: be careful. I don't care what you do to me but I'll protect her from you or anyone else that might harm her. That being said, if I find out you did something to her, you'll face the consequences with me and it will not be pretty. Is it understood?" Damon did not flinch at any of Paul's threatening sentences and neither he did when responding. "Do you even think I'd lay a hand on her? Because in spite of everything she did I still love her, more than ever. So it is what it is, we both love the same woman. If I must step over you to have her then so be it." "So that's it." "Yeah, that's it." Paul nodded slowly and similarly walked away from Damon, who stood still facing the wall. "By the way", Paul added, "it's gonna take a lot more than slides and 'accidents' to beat me. I'm still very much a man for Melissa, even being this old." With that he exited the room, leaving Damon more resolute than ever to win the girl's heart no matter what. Even if it meant losing one of his best friends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J7glQIqJvw&feature=channel&list=UL
A flash of black leather distracted her from her conclusions. Shaking her head to abandon her interior and snap back to reality, she noticed the dark, sudden movement came from up the stage. As if timed by fate, she saw Paul quite dangerously sliding accross the floor and landing loudly under his back. Tremendous fear took over Melissa as she contemplated him with increasing concern facing upwards from the ground, struggling to stand up. "Oh my God, is he okay?" she whispered in frenzy. But Paul was a strong, vigorous man despite his years. Maintaining his weight under his knees, he pulled himself up while still playing the bass without difficulty. Subsequently, he casually turned his head sideways and immediately caught sight of it: the menacing gaze on Damon's eyes spitefully looking at the whole scene. "No, no way, it couldn't have been on purpose, couldn't it?" Melissa denied over and over as she witnessed the grave stares among the oponents. This was worse than what she believed since now a threat had been made from one to the other. "What I feel doesn't matter, this has to stop."
There was much pain alright. Nothing he could not deal with though. A few days of no forceful activity and he would be better. Was it any grievous though, to be forewarned by someone so close to him? He was his friend after all. But he had to face the fact it was he who deceived him, and took away that whom he sought after so keenly. So he pondered while making his way backstage after the gig. Did he deserve his anger? Most definitely. Was he having regrets over what he did? Probably on the way he handled it, for he would never repent having encountered such a jolly, sweet little girl, so different from him yet felt really attached to in spite of their contrasts.
Was there any chance of them being connected in any sense? Were they that intimate it was possible for them to read each other's minds? Such were the doubts running through Paul's head as he avoided stumbling with the people blocking his step whilst approaching Melissa. She was actually there, impatiently rising on tiptoe as expecting someone to come her way. He greeted her fondly, as usual. "Hey, it's so good to see you." "Um..." "Wait, we shouldn't speak here, it's too crowded. Let's find somewhere private." Grabbing her hand, he guided Melissa through the narrow hallway, avoiding suspicious glances from the roadies and passersby leaning against the neatly painted walls. "Who said I wanna talk to you?" Her cold tone hurt him but he did not cease his stride, his grip on her hand steady as he turned a knob and pushed open, the incipient lights revealing an empty dressing room. Melissa could not contain herself any longer and protested even before Paul closed the door.
"Why did you bring me here? What makes you think I wanna talk to you?" "Well, you came to the gig..." "The world doesn't revolve around you Paul, in case you're not aware of it." "But..." "And before you start fooling yourself over the idea of my being here because of you, let me burst your bubble and inform you I'm here to speak to Damon, no one else. Not to you or anyone from the band or the crew, just to Damon. Got it?" It was there again, the frown he seemed to expose everytime Damon's name was mentioned. Did he resent him that much solely for being his rival for her affections? After being the best of friends for years? These were the questions Melissa asked herself and as always, they came with no answer whatsoever. To lighten up the dense vibe in the room she doubtfully asked: "So...are you okay? From your fall I mean." Paul stared at her in disbelief, suspicious of her quick change of mood. "Um...well, yes, I'm alright. It's just my elbow that hurts." A sigh escaped Melissa's lips as she held him from his arms and made him sit over the nearby couch. "Okay, let's see." She examined the damaged elbow, touching the bone with her delicate fingertips to discard any crack or injury. Then she proceeded to massage the throbbing area using both fingers and palms. The continuous rubbing allowed some of the pain to vanish. This meant nothing to Paul though, observing in silent wonder her careful attentions to alleviate the pain on his extremity. Melissa, too focused on her role as momentary nurse, ignored the earnest expression on the mature, masculine face which revealed once more all the yearning he had for the young woman sitting in front of him.
"It was on purpose, right?" Her request for an affirmation impeded his intentions to go further. "What...?" "Damon. He did it on purpose, I know he did." "Why do you believe so?" "Because he's pissed off at you and wants you to pay for what you did." "Does it worry you what might happen to me?" Her struggle for a proper answer made his stomach quiver with exultation. A ray of hope: maybe she still felt something for him. He warmly grinned and placed a flat palm on her full cheek, caressing its baby softness. As much as she avoided the gesture, Melissa could not constrain her pulsating excitement over his slow, tender touch. "Listen, I don't care what Damon does to me but you don't need to worry, I'll be fine. And nothing wrong will happen to you dearest, because I will protect you from him and anyone else who might hurt you..." "Paul, I don't want you to hurt Damon, he doesn't deserve it..." "But neither do you Melissa. What matters is that you're safe because you're innocent in all of this. Everything will be fine, okay?" The girl was silent, stunned at Paul's promise of absolute safety from his part were she in need of it. She saw him lean forward to kiss her when the door opened abruptly.
"You fucking backstabbers." Melissa backed away from Paul swiftly, her face the mask of terror at the sight of Damon's own full of increasing fury. She had never seen him this way before, not even after knowing of her cheating. She could only imagine the punishment awaiting her in just seconds. "Damon, please let me explain. I'm here to see you..." "Bullshit! You're speaking bullshit once again! As you did from the first time!" He slammed the door shut. No one else could listen this repugnant confrontation. "I'm serious! I came over to talk to you and ask for forgiveness." Damon's eyes stared incredulously at Melissa. Remorse, anger, much of it fueled his words."Forgiveness? Come on, even you don't believe it. But I did for a second. When I was told you were somewhere around I hoped you came to talk about us. I really thought you were here to tell me you were sorry and that you love me but what do I see? Both of you fucking arseholes mocking me behind my back. Now, who's the liar?" "Look, I understand that you're pissed off at me, fair enough. But I'm telling you the truth, I swear to God, I came to see you." "Then why are you with Paul, you lying bitch!" "Hey, I won't let you insult Melissa in any way!" "Oh what, you're now her defender?" "If it's necessary, yes." "So now you're gonna say you didn't lie to me? Come on Paul, you both fucked while all the time I thought she was with me!" "Please don't blame her of this, it was I who made her fall in love with me..." "She decided on her own! You mistake her for a saint, she's a lying whore like all the others!" "I told you not to insult her, I won't allow it!" "Hey guys, please don't fight, okay? I want no one to get hurt." Melissa's frightened, little voice made no effect whatsoever at the threats thrown back and forth. She could not conceive this was happening. Becoming the object of desire of two men was something she would have never guessed could occur to her. Despite numerous accounts from acquaintances claiming it to be the greatest sensation of power over others, she found herself wishing she was not entangled in this predicament. Especially on the awareness of a bond in risk of breaking apart. "Listen, both of you! I'm the one to blame in all of this..." "No honey, you're not guilty, please don't cry", Paul soothed Melissa with comforting words yet she continued speaking up. "Yes I am! Because of me, you guys aren't even friendly anymore. I mean, just look at yourselves. Fighting, yelling for stupid, useless me. You used to be really tight. I appeared on the picture and look at the result. Now Damon hates me and with good reason. I totally rejected his good intentions over some foolish, vain illusion. Damon, listen to me 'cause I won't repeat it: I'm sorry, okay? I'm very sorry for everything, for not appreciating your regard towards me, for abandoning you in order to follow an impulse. You never deserved any of this shit. I hope you can forgive me someday." Grabbing her blazer from the sofa, she went to the door as Paul inquired: "You're leaving? There's no need for you to go. I'll say it again: you're not guilty." "I'm leaving 'cause I am what caused this whole thing. Besides you have a lot to talk about." With that final statement, she opened the door and closed it behind her.
A coarse silence flooded the dressing room, its occupiers contributing with their lack of things to say. Melissa's boldness and abrupt departure had left both men at a loss. "She didn't mean it." Paul found himself faintly murmur out loud despite Damon's presence. "She didn't mean what?" he asked cooly. "It wasn't vain or foolish. What we had was real." "Oh, so you finally confess!" "I never denied it and neither I will." Damon once again felt ill-tempered at Paul's unapologetic demeanor but he then realized there was a lack of regret, no shame over his immoral conduct. He had seen that unpreoccupied attitude before but paid no attention to it. This time however, being its victim he would not let it pass unnoticed. "How could you do this to me? You just don't do that to a mate! And now that I think about it, you're in a relationship already, you shouldn't be cheating on your girlfriend with someone else! Why do you want all the women for yourself? Or is it because this is a girl I'm interested in?" "I didn't mean to tear her away from you..." "I can't believe your cynicism, of course you meant to!" "It wasn't that way! Damon, I couldn't help it, you know. From the first moment I saw her I couldn't stop thinking about her and you bringing her constantly made it worse." "I felt attracted to her almost from that first time as well and made attempts to get close to her and even when you witnessed all of this you didn't give a fuck and just pulled her away from me! What kind of a mate does that?" "I'm sorry! It was never an intention to hurt you!" "Oh God, I wonder if you said that the last time." "Excuse me?" "Come on, I've seen it before. Meeting the woman, her being with another man, you seducing her, taking her away and leaving man brokenhearted to his own luck. It's not like it's the first time you do it. Or isn't that how you started dating Sabrina back then?" No one had dared remind Paul of his perverse past, that one he fought so determinedly against to never bring up in public. Damon confronting him for it offended him to the point of clenching his fist in preparation for a violent ambush. "No", he decided, "that would be too easy." Instead, he looked at Damon straight into his eyes and with quiet fierceness declared: "Listen very carefully for I won't repeat it. Asking you to stay away from Melissa obviously is of no use so all I'll say is: be careful. I don't care what you do to me but I'll protect her from you or anyone else that might harm her. That being said, if I find out you did something to her, you'll face the consequences with me and it will not be pretty. Is it understood?" Damon did not flinch at any of Paul's threatening sentences and neither he did when responding. "Do you even think I'd lay a hand on her? Because in spite of everything she did I still love her, more than ever. So it is what it is, we both love the same woman. If I must step over you to have her then so be it." "So that's it." "Yeah, that's it." Paul nodded slowly and similarly walked away from Damon, who stood still facing the wall. "By the way", Paul added, "it's gonna take a lot more than slides and 'accidents' to beat me. I'm still very much a man for Melissa, even being this old." With that he exited the room, leaving Damon more resolute than ever to win the girl's heart no matter what. Even if it meant losing one of his best friends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J7glQIqJvw&feature=channel&list=UL
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario