martes, 23 de agosto de 2011

Episode 11: Together In This

Sunbeams trespassed the window through its curtain illuminating Paul's golden lashes, inevitably depriving him of any sleep left. Rubbing his eyes he turned and contemplated the young woman beside him immerse in peaceful dormancy. "You are so beautiful", he whispered in sheer delight, leaning closer to held her in his arms. She was so soft and warm and naked, her skin a smooth surface inviting of caresses, cupping her face and covering it with kisses of joy. All those months of tormenting had been worthy after all. Last night was the most ravishing in a long time, much glorious than he had fancied. After dreaming of it for many days it had finally become a reality. But then he suddenly realized, if he was not careful this would abruptly come to an end, something he'd regret always. "Please let this last", he prayed inwardly. "Let our bond be as long as possible." The clock signalled 8:00am sharp. Sighing, Paul rose from the bed, grabbed from the floor his scattered clothes and proceeded to dress up. They would all leave New York in a matter of few hours and everything had to be ready. Kissing her one last time, he abandoned the room in mute haste.


The door closing made Melissa wake up. She arose in a libidinous state, still feeling Paul inside her and touching every angle of her body. She had not much experience with men in truth, but it was enough for her to figure out he was, without a shadow of doubt, the best lover she'd ever been with. His patience towards her virtuous shyness, how he eased her nerves, his loving stroke, the way he took his time until they reached the climax. Maybe age was in fact an advantage in these matters. As she reached for him she felt nothing by her side. Opening her eyes she realized he wasn't there anymore. "No, it can't be. There's no way he simply took off after what happened last night." Distress replaced her former whimsical mood as she rose from the bed hurriedly and searched for the first clothing on the drawers. Once dressed she ran to the door, opened it and went to the elevator, arrived on the first floor and darted down the stairs to the lobby. He had to be there, did he?


The first person she saw when appearing there was no other than Damon. She felt guilty all of a sudden, and especially terrified. "Oh my God, if he finds out what happened yesterday he'll kill me. Rather us", she envisioned, tiptoeing in an attempt to leave quickly. Too late. "Good morning you!" "Oh hey, morning. Eh, how are you? Had a good sleep?" She was aware of her voice, squeakier than usual, possibly revealing her nervousness. Somehow she had to pretend everything was fine. "I'm alright. Slept tight but I missed you last night." Her stomach made a painful knot. "I didn't feel okay yesterday, had a mild stomachache but nothing serious, I'm better now." "Really? Then why that worried look, and your rushed arrival?" She hesitated for a second and responded: "I thought it was late and I came to tell whoever was already here to please wait for me. But I see you're the only one ready." "Yes well, I'm a morning person. But anyway, everyone else is probably waking up by now so you have lots of time left, don't worry. In fact, how about we have breakfast together? My treat." "Thanks man but I'm not hungry. I think I'll go get my stuff ready at once. Don't wanna make anyone wait." "Alright then. I'll be at the restaurant if you need anything." "Will do. Thanks!"


Over an hour later she carried her luggage into the lobby while greeting the musicians. "He's not around. Where the hell is he?" she wondered anxiously. She exited through the door and walked to the tour buses where the rest of the crew was. No sight of him. "Is he avoiding me?" She headed to one of the bus compartments to get her luggage in and there was Damon finishing stashing his own in it. "Hello again." "Hey", was her monosyllabic answer as she placed her things on the floor to give her arms a break. "So, off we go now." "Yes, can't wait for the next gig even if New York was great. I mean, I'm always looking forward to the next one ahead." "That's cool, always gotta view towards the future." "That's right. So, I'm done with my luggage. I can help with yours if you don't mind." "Uh, sure." Just as Damon reached for the first suitcase, another hand grabbed it firmly by its straps. "It's okay, I'll do it." Melissa held her breath, her dark eyes unblinking in stupor. He finally showed up. "About time you appear mate. Where were you? You just vanished since last night." Paul took the suitcase and placed it in the compartment just as he replied: "I took a stroll around last night, barely had any sleep. That's why I woke up too late." Quite a good liar he was, acting like nothing had occured between them. "Morning Melissa. Did you sleep well?" His voice sounded even, no flicker of secrecy present. But there was a twinkle in his eyes, the way he observed her was significant. So Melissa wanted to think. "Uh yeah, I slept fine", she lied back. Involuntarily her voice betrayed her, becoming squeaky once more. The men were eventually done and Damon proceeded to ask Melissa: "Okay, all settled. Ready to go?" "Yeah, ready as I can." Paul placed his hand on her back as he affirmed: "Here, I'll walk you over." Damon was confused at such polite behavior towards Melissa. "Quite a gentleman eh", he asserted. With a wink Paul joked: "You know me lad." He discretely moved his hand down her waist to help her go up and whispered to her ear: "Wait for me at the back please." With no time to reply she entered the bus and made her way to the farthest compartment room, closed the door and sat over the matress to wait for him nervously.


She needed not to anticipate any longer, for just as the bus set in motion Paul entered the room nearly ten minutes after he requested her to do so. This time his face expressed what she loosely hoped for: rejoice. "Damon told me you weren't hungry awhile ago so I brought something for you to eat." "Thanks", she said with a placid smile. He sat down beside her, looking her way adoringly. "I'm sorry for being so cold outside my dear. Discretion is vital, you know." Having him being so affectionate relaxed her. "Yeah I know, I totally understand. It's just that I was afraid last night was just a dream 'cause you weren't there when I woke up." "Again I'm sorry. I left because I had to get my things packed to not be late, that's all. And no, yesterday was not a dream. It was amazing and real." Melissa's smile grew wider. "Paul, I have no words to describe last night. It was incredibly beautiful. I never felt so loved and sensitive..." "Sensitive? Oh God, did I hurt you? Was I too rough?" "No, of course not. I feel great, wonderful actually. You would never hurt me, I just know it." He smiled back in comfort but a shadow crept on his face, ignited by her last words. "Are you okay?" "I am dearest. Why do you ask?" "It's just that you have this weird look, like you had doubts or something", she speculated in concerned tone, adding: "I'm too childish, right?" "You're not childish in the least, you're magnificent, flawless I'd say...I just wish I could give you more life somehow. You deserve a young man who worships you and should take care of you, not an old geezer like me." "You're perfect just the way you are, age included 'cause I can learn from you." "You're too kind, but I still think you deserve someone better. Damon would be thrilled to be in my place now, if he knew." Melissa's forehead revealed uncomfortable wrinkles at the allusion of his name. "I still like him Paul, I gotta be honest with you." He frowned at her declaration but she continued: "I still have feelings for him, still get jitters when I see him. With you, though, it's different. It's so much more than that. It grew slowly everyday and it is what it is now. Our chats, the way you observe me, how you're always looking after me even if we're not together most of the time, all of those made me realize what I feel for you. I may be a kid but I know myself very well to get it, you know. It's all here", she indicated herself while stating this. "I wanna be with you Paul, I have no doubt of that." He was so moved by her words, his own emotions poignant at her candidness. He cuddled the full cheeks softly and after kissing her, nestled her in his arms sweetly. "Jesus, I don't deserve you. I can't offer you much..." "That you're with me is enough, I need nothing more." "But you deserve the best. I can't offer you much, but we have the rest of this month to be together. I can give you no more." "What do you mean?" "Please don't ask, just believe me dear." "...Okay. But I have to talk with Damon someway, I don't wanna hurt him." "Me neither but please, don't mention him now, you're ruining the moment." "Sorry." A period of silence passed by. Nothing was said between them, their faces expressed it all. "Paul?" "Yes honey?" "Please tell me how was it when you met me." "Sure my dear. Where do I start?" "From the beginning, when you first saw me." "I'll be glad to." He held her closer as he began reminiscing that day: "It was a normal day really, nothing much happened. When we got to the set I thought of enjoying it all, being with my mates and playing with them. Everything went on as expected, we played the first songs correctly. When the interview took place I was watching the crowd lazily. And then I stopped. I saw this gorgeous young woman at the front gazing our way excitedly. She tried to act nonchalant but she couldn't hide her fascination of being there. Her smile illuminated her, making everyone around invisible. I had never seen such a lovely creature before, so happy to be present. I couldn't help stare in trance, she was too adorable..."



No hay comentarios: